Friday 17 May 2013

New doll


Hello! this week I bring you a doll I have just put the finishing touches to  - like hand sewing a rolled hem on the top of her t-shirt as it is so tiny!

I have made both girl and boy dolls and have read a fair bit recently about boy dolls and boys playing with dolls. In our house this is just normal and the gender of my children's dolls seems quite flexible at times!

However, for this doll I wanted to make a girl doll who wasn't quite so 'girly'. Maybe on reflection I was inspired by the changes in my own daughter who now prefers trousers and most other colours to pink.

Anyhow, I think she turned out quite lovely. What kind of doll would you like to make and who for?

3 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous! I love her hat so much. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! yes - I may have to make a person - sized version of the hat.

      Delete
  2. this doll is so cute! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete